Getting a sleeping bag back in to its stuff sack is not rocket science but these five tips should make it easier for you:
- Hold the sleeping bag at the foot
- Push it right to the bottom of the stuff sack
- Carry on pushing the bag into the sack, keeping a tight grip on both and spreading the bag evenly inside. Holding the sack between your feet or knees and having the rest of the bag over your shoulder helps.
- When the sleeping bag is fully in the sack, pull the drawstring tight with one hand whilst pushing down hard into the sack with the other.
- Pull the compression straps tight
*TOP TIP: As it is not always possible to store sleeping bags as recommended, at least slacken off the compression straps when you get home.