Everybody has their own preferences on what to carry for a day’s walking, depending on experience, activity, season and terrain but there are some items that everybody should carry in their rucksack:
- Spare thermal underwear – it might be mild in the valley but wind and elevation cause the temperature to drop and mountain weather is notoriously fickle, so be prepared.
- Thermal hat and thermal gloves – great for quickly adjusting warmth and comfort without fuss.
- Hydration – water bottle and, perhaps, a thermal flask for a hot drink.
- First aid kit – add any medication you need to the kit and top up items used. Even if you don’t feel the need to carry one, there’s no telling what you might encounter in the hills.
- Lighting – nobody wants to become benighted on a walk but it happens; carrying a torch or head torch is an essential – make sure to check the battery life.
Please follow and like us: