Choosing A Winter Adventure Holiday Company
Many of us dream at some point in our lives about starting a never-ending winter adventure travel trip or expedition but reality means we have to pick an adventure that fits into holiday time. We can sort you out with thermal clothing, hats and gloves, down sleeping bags and all the other outdoor winter gear you’ll need. With so much depending on getting the best experience from the limited time, it makes sense to book a trip with a winter adventure holiday specialist company. There are hundreds of them to choose from and making a decision can seem like something of a lottery so don’t be drawn in by stunning winter scene photos alone but keep your feet on the ground and bear in mind the following questions when you’ve narrowed your choice:
- How long have you been operating holidays in this area?
- Do you run your own tours or use local companies?
- How much notice will I get if I book a trip and no one else does so it’s cancelled?
- Can you put me in touch with others who did the same trip recently?
- Who usually takes your trips – age/gender?
- What is your usual group size?
- What is your guide-to-guest ratio?
- Are the company’s owners active in day to day operations?
When you’ve decided on a company and are considering a specific trip, check out the following:
- How long have you been running this itinerary?
- Exactly what is included/not included?
- Where does the trip start and end? How do I get there?
- Can you describe a typical day?
- How physically demanding is the trip?
- What happens to me if I’m not fit enough – generally or on a particular day?
- What are the accommodation and facilities like?
- Can you cope with specific dietary needs on this trip?
- Who will the guides be and how good is their English?
- How long have they been leading this trip?
- What happens if I’m taken ill on this trip?
- What outdoor kit is supplied and what do I need to bring with me?